Monday, February 26, 2007

Out Of Her League



I didn't care for "Dreamgirls". I thought Jennifer Hudson was good, not God. Still I must say that when it came to last night, J-Hud delivered. Her acceptance speech was the only one that seemed to have - how do I say this gently - umm - not a note card in sight? True she knew it was coming (although I bet she was scared shitless after Eddie Murphy lost and then had 45 minutes till her category), but she truly felt the moment and even gave God props twice! The orchestra helped to remind her not to forget Jennifer Holiday either. But Ms. Hudson became that much more deserving to me by the end of the third hour of the endless show with her song medley. While Beyonce seemed like she was there to kill her and prove a point, and the underrated Akina Rose was smashing - Hudson was truly in another league.

So with that, I accept her win for "Dreamgirls". Now, someone explain to me her little sweater?

1 comment:

ShortMix said...

she looked awful in that puffy whatevaucallit